We had a working prototype relatively quick, by utilizing Unity Store Assets and greybox models as placeholders, and was able to test the game out. We wanted to put emphasis on the panicky feeling of being trapped in a mining station full of zombies. To do this we decided to create an elevator that worked as the boundaries for the VR player area. When the player had cleared one level, the elevator would move up to the next. By doing this we also had a way to progressively increase difficulty, and give the player a feeling of progress.
When we tried it, we were scared out of our minds. The adrenaline rush was crazy, being put into the situation we all have imagined: Defending yourself from an oncoming horde of zombies! Our concept worked and our framework was in place. The next step was to really flesh out the world, and create an even more depressing and moody environment, and our own game assets.